Crab Spring Roll With Ginger Dipping SauceFrom rachpj 5 years ago
- 8 large rice paper wraps shopping list
- Pie plate of warm water shopping list
- 2 cups of white crabmeat shopping list
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced shopping list
- 1 cup of sweet corn shopping list
- Handful of coriander leaves, roughly chopped shopping list
- Handful of sweet Thai basil, roughly chopped shopping list
- Handful of bean sprouts shopping list
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard or Chinese mustard if you want to give it a kick shopping list
- Sea salt and black pepper shopping list
- Tiny squeeze of lime juice shopping list
- INGREDIENTS FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE: shopping list
- 2.5 tablespoons soft brown sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 red chilies, deseeded and finely chopped shopping list
- Handful of coriander stalks, finely chopped shopping list
- Small knob of fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp sesame oil shopping list
- 1 tbsp honey shopping list
- juice of 1 lime shopping list
How to make it
- First you want to use a nice big bowl and toss in all of the first set of ingredients into the bowl, at this point you can add what ever you want to make this your own, use prawns, lobster, what ever your fancy.
- Next take your rice wrappers and GENTLY (they are very brittle and I have uttered many a frustrated word during this process) into the warm water for a few seconds, then take them out and let them sit on a tea towel for about seconds or until more pliable.
- Next take and add your filling and wrap away. I like to fold mine like a burrito. Cut them in half on the diagonal, or just whack away, you can also leave them whole if you like.
- For the dipping sauce, dissolve the sugar and vinegar in a small pan over a low heat. Once completely dissolved, turn up the heat and boil for 5 minutes. Then add the chopped garlic, chilies, coriander and ginger. Mix the remaining ingredients together then stir in the hot sugar syrup mixture.
The Cookrachpj Dallas, OR
- Not added to any groups yet!