Roasted Red Pepper And Bocconcini BruschettaFrom chuckieb 3 years ago
- Topping: shopping list
- 3 large sweet red peppers shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 1 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tsp. dry leaf oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper shopping list
- 5 oz. bocconcini cheese shopping list
- 2 tbsp. toasted pine nuts shopping list
- Bruschetta: shopping list
- 12 slices Focaccia shopping list
- 2 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Halve peppers,seed and grill (tastes best grilled on the BBQ) until tender and juicy. Slice into strips and place in bowl. Stir in basil, oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper until well mixed.
- Dice cheese, (there should be about 1 cup). Stir cheese and pine nuts into red pepper mixture.
- When ready to serve, preheat broiler. Rub Focaccia on both cut sides with olive oil. Toast each side 2-3 minutes or until browned. Top each slice with some of the pepper mixture, pressing gently to secure atop the focaccia.
- Return to broiler for 2-3 minutes or until topping is hot and cheese is melted. Transfer to a platter and serve immediately. Enjoy!