Island Chicken Over Coconut RiceFrom rottman 4 years ago
- coconut Rice: shopping list
- 2 cups jasmine white rice shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 3/4 cup coconut milk shopping list
- 2 tbl shredded coconut shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- Chicken: shopping list
- 2 tbl cooking oil shopping list
- 4 perfect portions boneless breasts shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup Mu-Shu hoisin sauce (Iron Chef) shopping list
- Salsa: shopping list
- 2 tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, fine chopped shopping list
- habanero or scotch bonnet ? shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cilantro shopping list
- red pepper, to season shopping list
- 2 small oranges, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Place the rice, water, coconut milk, coconut, and salt in a rice cooker and begin cooking.
- In an electric skillet, brown the perfect portions.
- While the chicken is browning, chop the tomatoes, onion, and jalapeno pepper. Place in a small mixing bowl. For a spicier dish you might consider adding a small amount of habanero pepper to the mix. Season with salt, black pepper, and red pepper. Cover and place in the refrigerator.
- Peel the orange and halve each of the slices. Place in the refrigerator in a separate bowl.
- When the chicken breasts are white through and beginning to brown, layer each with the Mu-Shu Hoisin sauce. Save some sauce in reserve. Continue cooking until the sauce is warmed.
- When the rice is finished, spoon a large serving into four pasta bowls. Lay a chicken portion on each rice serving. Layer each chicken piece with a small serving of reserved sauce. Spread each chicken portion with 2 or more tablespoons of salsa and sprinkle with orange slice halves.
The Cookrottman Nottingham, MD
The Rating1 people
This sounds excellent - I will be trying it tomorrow!mbelisle in Regina loved it
Excellent! I made this tonight and the whole family enjoyed all the parts - the chicken, the rice and the salsa. It was easy and worked out exactly the way you describe it in the directions. You've got our "5" - Thanks again.mbelisle in Regina loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!