3 Cheese Mushroom ManicottiFrom asmith 5 years ago
- 12 manicotti shells shopping list
- 2 jars spaghetti sauce (i used leftover homemade sauce, it looked like it would fill about 2 jars but I'm just guessing here) shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. cottage cheese shopping list
- 1 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 8 oz whole milk mozzarella shopping list
- 2 beaten eggs shopping list
- 2 Tbsp dried minced onion, rehydrated shopping list
- 2 1/2 c. finely diced button mushrooms shopping list
- 2 tsp bottled minced garlic shopping list
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine shopping list
- 8oz shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cook manicotti according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter over medium heat, add mushrooms, onion and garlic. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- While mushroom mixture is cooling, cut whole milk mozzarella into small chunks.
- In a large bowl combine mozzarella chunks, cottage cheese, cream cheese and eggs, stir. Add mushroom mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Spray a 9x13 pan lightly with cooking spray, spread with 1 to 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce.
- Stuff manicotti and place in pan, pour over enough sauce to cover and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 for 30 mins.