Shrimp On A StickFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 24 large (15-24 ct) peeled deveined shrimp, leave the tail on shopping list
- 12 slices of cheese cut from the bar about 1/2 inch thick, you want a plank of cheese about 3/4 inch wide, 2 inches long. shopping list
- 12 slices of bacon, (cooked for one minute in the microwave) shopping list
- 3/4 cup of apricot preserves shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of seasoned rice wine vinegar shopping list
- generous pinch of red pepper flakes shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat broiler (500) degrees.
- Sandwich cheese of choice between two of the shrimp, wrap with bacon and secure with a long tooth pick or short skewer.
- Place on a rack sprayed with cooking spray and broil 4 minutes per side until bacon is crispy. Let the fat drip away and feel very virtuous.
- Serve with sauce made of apricot preserves (zap in microwave for 1 minute at 40 percent power) mixed with vinegar, mustard and hot red pepper flakes.
- Cheese flavors that we like a lot are smoked gouda, extra sharp white cheddar and a jalapeno monterey jack (my favorite). Don't try a processed cheese food, it doesn't work.