Goat Cheese And Chorizo CrostiniFrom foodie4eva 2 years ago
- french baguette, sliced on the bias (diagonal) in 1/2" widths shopping list
- crumbled goat cheese-there are some small-farm sources online where you can buy great quality goat cheese, or you can buy this in 4 ounce containers at grocery stores. You will put about 1 teaspoon on each baguette slice shopping list
- Spanish chorizo sausage--the best is from a specialty butcher, but most grocery stores have it as well, you will put one slice on each baguette slice shopping list
- 2 TBSP (or more, depending on taste) of finely chopped (mixed) fresh basil, Greek oregano, rosemary, and thyme, divided in half (fresh is best, and makes the best presentation, but dried herbs may be used--just be careful, as dried herbs are more intense--so use less) shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil to drizzle shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Chop the fresh herbs very finely, and divide in half
- Slice the baguette, and place the slices flat on a cookie sheet. Make sure there is some room between the slices, but as close together as you can get them without touching.
- Drizzle the EVOO over the slices, and sprinkle 1/2 of the fresh herbs evenly over all the pieces
- Pop them in the oven to get them light brown, and a little crispy--keep an eye on them, so they don't burn--this can happen fast, so be careful!
- Take the casing off the Chorizo and cut the sausage in half, lengthwise, and then thinly slice into half-moon shaped pieces/ It is very easy to slice these thinly if you have a sharp knife, because the chorizo is very dense.
- Take the light brown crostini out of the oven, and then turn the oven to "broil"
- While still on the cooking sheet, spoon about 1 teaspoon of goat cheese onto each slice of baguette, and top with one slice of chorizo and sprinkle the other half of the fresh herbs on top
- Pop them back into the oven and broil for no more than one minute (watch them so they don't burn)
- Remove from oven, place on platter and serve. Enjoy!
The Cookfoodie4eva Vero Beach, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!