Tamale LoafFrom grizzlybear 9 years ago
- 1 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 3/4 cup whole kernel corn, canned or frozen and thawed shopping list
- 2 eggs, well beaten shopping list
- 1 tablespoons salt, or to taste shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
How to make it
- Brown ground beef until beef is no longer pink; drain well. In another skillet, sauté onions in the oil until lightly browned. Add tomatoes; bring to boil. Add cornmeal gradually; cook, stirring, for about 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Blend thoroughly. Turn mixture into a greased loaf pan, 9- X 5- X 3-inches.
- Bake at 350° for 45 to 55 minutes.
- Serves 6 to 8.