Apple FrittersFrom juels 4 years ago
- 1/4 cup rum shopping list
- 6 tbsp. sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 5-6 apples (peeled, cored and thinly sliced) shopping list
- 2 eggs, separated shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- oil for frying (vegetable or sunflower) shopping list
- confectioner's sugar for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- Mix half the rum, the sugar and cinnamon together and toss with the apples.
- Beat the egg yolks with milk, remaining rum and a pinch of salt.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together into the mixture and stir well, until there are no lumps. Beat the egg whites to soft peaks and fold into the batter. Stir in the apple slices. Discard excess liquid from the apples.
- Heat the oil in a deep heavy pan or deep frier (there should be a couple inches of oil in the pan) until 350F. Fry the apples in batches until golden on both sides (flip with tongues if needed). Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.