Sweet And Sour Secrets Blueberry Coffee CakesFrom keni 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1t vanilla shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups flour shopping list
- 2t baking powder shopping list
- 1/4t salt shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 heaping cup fresh blueberries, dusted lightly with flour or baking mix shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1/4t fresh nutmeg, grated/ground shopping list
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into pieces shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
How to make it
- Cream butter and sugar in mixing bowl.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Add vanilla
- Combine dry ingredients and add them, alternately, with the buttermilk, until just combined.
- Carefully fold in blueberries. See Photo
- Combine all streusel ingredients in medium bowl See Photo. Using large fork or your hands, until it is slightly crumbly and mixed See Photo
- Pour/spoon cake mixture into large muffin tins or rectangle bar pan, as shown, filling just under half full.
- Sprinkle surface of each liberally with streusel mix. See Photo
- Top with remaining cake mixture. See Photo
- Bake at 350 for about 30-40 minutes, depending on the size pans you used. Toothpick should come out ALMOST clean. Try not to over bake.
- Meanwhile, combine honey and lemon juice in small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, then boil for 1 minute. Drizzle warm coffee cakes with slightly cooled glaze.
- Let rest a few minutes before serving to set the glaze.