Cheddar's Baked SpasagnaFrom TxGriffLover 3 years ago
- # 1 1/2 lbs spaghetti noodles, uncooked shopping list
- # 2 lbs mozzarella cheese shopping list
- # 8 ounces ricotta cheese shopping list
- # 8 ounces sour cream shopping list
- # 1 1/4 cups half-and-half shopping list
- # 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided use shopping list
- # 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves shopping list
- # 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil shopping list
- # 1/2 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- # 1 teaspoon chopped garlic shopping list
- # 2 teaspoons kosher salt shopping list
- # 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook spaghetti al dente according to package directions. Rinse under cold water and drain. Place in large mixing bowl.
- In another mixing bowl, stir together sour cream, ricotta, half-and-half, mozzarella, oregano, basil, white pepper, garlic, salt, and half the Parmesan cheese.
- Add above cheese mixture to the spaghetti. Using hands, mix gently until spaghetti is evenly coated with mixture.
- Rub a 9x13 glass baking dish with the olive oil.
- Gently place spaghetti mixture into prepared dish. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees in pre-heated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, remove foil and place dish on cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Cut into six-eight squares and top with meat sauce below, or your favorite meat or marinara sauce.
- Meat Sauce:
- 1 24-oz. jar spaghetti sauce.
- 12 oz. ground beef.
- 1 Tbs. chopped garlic.
- 1 C chopped onion.
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt.
- 1 teaspoons dried leaf oregano.
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh basil.
- 1 teaspoons granulated sugar.
- ½ C red wine.
- ¼ C Romano cheese.
- Additional salt, pepper to taste.
- Heat a heavy saucepan on medium heat for five minutes. Add ground beef and stir to break up clumps. Cook till meat is browned well. Drain meat and set aside.
- Add onions and garlic to saucepan and cook over medium heat for about five minutes, or until softened.
- Return reserved meat to pan, along with spaghetti sauce, salt, oregano, basil, sugar, red wine and Romano cheese. Stir well to combine.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning with additional salt and pepper to taste.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The CookTxGriffLover Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!