Pork GyozaFrom ponikuta 8 years ago
- 2 scallions, minced shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped green cabbage shopping list
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced shopping list
- 1/2 pound ground pork shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cooking wine shopping list
- dash of salt or soy sauce to taste shopping list
- dash of sesame oil shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 package gyoza skins shopping list
How to make it
- In large bowl combine scallions, cabbage, ginger and pork.
- Mix well with fork and season with salt / soy sauce, sesame oil and cooking wine.
- Add egg white to bind mixture together.
- Place a spoonful of meat mixture on top of a gyoza wrapper.
- Wet edge of wrapper with fingertips (one side only), make pleats on one side, fold over and seal closed.
- Continue with remaining meat.
- Put the dry side down and wet side facing up.
- In large pan heat oil.
- Brown dumplings in oil on both side.
- When bottoms are brown and crispy, flip to the other side and repeat.
- Serve with dipping sauce (soy sauce + vinegar)
- TIP: Watch the fire while you fry the dumplings, be sure not to burn it. Also, you can brown one side of the dumpling and add water with about half of the gyozas' height, cover with pan and steam over medium heat for 8-10 minutes if you like them crunchy one side and soggy on the other.
The Cookponikuta Melbourne, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!