Zucchini RelishFrom keni 3 years ago
- 2lbs zucchini sliced very thin(I use a mandoline) shopping list
- 1 large sweet or red onion, also sliced very thin shopping list
- 3 1/2-4 cups cider vinegar(use the full amount if you like 'em REALLY tart!:) shopping list
- 4T kosher salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1T mustard seeds shopping list
- 1T coriander seeds shopping list
- 2t cumin seeds shopping list
- 2t whole pepper corns shopping list
- 2t dry mustard shopping list
- water shopping list
How to make it
- Place zucchini and onions in large plastic or glass bowl and sprinkle with 1/2 the salt.
- Cover with cold water and let rest 1-2 hours.
- In medium sauce pan, heat vinegar, honey, remaining salt, all seeds, pepper corns and dry mustard
- Stir well and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Let cool about 20 minutes.
- Place equal amounts of zucchini/onions into 6 pint sized canning jars.
- Divide the liquid, with seeds, into the jars over the veggies.
- Add water to make sure veggies are covered, if needed, but do not over fill the jars.
- Place lids, with rings, tightly on all the jars and invert a couple of times to distribute the liquid.
- Refrigerate for 48 hours prior to serving.
- *If you want a milder relish, use an extra jar or two, and add more water.