Southwestern Cream Of Chicken SoupFrom pleclare 3 years ago
- 3 TB unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper,seeded and diced shopping list
- 1 poblano chile,seeded and diced shopping list
- 1/2 c diced onion shopping list
- 1 TB minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp hot chile powder shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- 6 TB flour,divided shopping list
- 3 c whole milk shopping list
- 1 c beer(such as Corona) shopping list
- 1 c chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 c converted white rice shopping list
- 3 c shredded pepper Jack cheese shopping list
- 2 c shredded cooked chicken shopping list
- 2 TB chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- lime slices shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in large pot. Stir in bell pepper,poblano,onion,garlic,chili powder,cumin and coriander. Sewat mixture until peppers begin to soften,about 5 mins.
- Whisk in 3 Tbsp flour to coat vegetables;cook 2 min. Whisk in milk.beer,and broth until smooth. Bring mixture to a simmer .
- Stir in rice;simmer until tender,about 15 mins.
- Combine cheese with remaining 3 Tbsp flour in a resealable plastic bag;toss to coat. Add cheese to soup a handful at a time.stirring to melt completely before adding the next handful. Add chicken and cilantro to heat,3 to 5 mins.
- Garnish each serving with lime slices.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating1 people
This was really good. It has a nice flavor to it. I added a little extra flour at the end and made it too thick, so don't make that mistake, even if it looks a little runny at first.bigimaginations in Peoria loved it