Pad ThaiFrom tracydiziere 6 years ago
- ½ package large rice noodles shopping list
- 2 Tbsp honey shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- juice from ½ lime shopping list
- 2-3 Tbsp fish sauce, depending on your taste shopping list
- 2 tbsp oil, or more as needed shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic (whole) shopping list
- 1 small piece of ginger root, peeled and sliced shopping list
- ½ boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into ½ inch chunks shopping list
- ½ small shallot, diced shopping list
- ¼ red and yellow bell pepper, cut into small rectangles shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- Dash of red pepper (or more for the brave) shopping list
- 1/4 lb shrimp, cleaned and shelled shopping list
- A dash to 2 tbsp soy sauce, as you like shopping list
- Chopped chives, cilantro leaves, or both, to eye’s desire shopping list
- peanuts, chopped (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Place noodles in bowl and cover with hot tap water. Set aside to soften for 20 minutes.
- Mix next 4 ingredients in a small bowl to form a sauce and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large wok over medium to medium-low heat. (Here’s where it gets crazy; experienced chefs may know the right way to combine ingredients to cook them together but I don’t so I cook things separately. Feel free to advise in the comments section.) Add garlic and ginger, followed by the peppers, and stir-fry until tender. Transfer to a plate. Add more oil if needed and cook chicken until done. Add to plate with pepper mixture.
- Add shallots to the wok and cook until almost translucent. By now, the noodles should be softened. Drain well in a colander and add them to the wok. Stir-fry a few minutes then move to the side and add the egg. Stir with a spatula until scrambled. When scrambled, mix with the noodles and add the sauce, red pepper, shrimp, and optional soy sauce plus some of the herbs. Return the peppers and chicken to the wok. Cook until shrimp are pink and dish is heated through. Top with additional herbs and peanuts before serving. Enjoy!
- (Wow, this is the first recipe I’ve ever written. Harder than I thought!)
- Adapted from and inspired by Quick Chicken Pad Thai and Pad Thai With Shrimp. Thanks, Recipe Friends!
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cooktracydiziere Phoenix, AZ
- Not added to any groups yet!