French White Wine SauceFrom impssweetp 3 years ago
How to make it
- Melt butter ina heavy bottomed saucepan over low heat. Gently cook the shallots in the saucepan without coloring, until soft and translucent
- Pour in the white wine, scraping the bottom of the saucepan with a wooden spoon. Turn up the heat and boil until the liquid has reduced by half. Add the stock and boil until the liquid has redued to 1/3 cup.
- Stir in the cream and continue to reduce the sauce untl it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Pass the sauce through a fine strainer if you wish. Season and serve warm. It may be kept warm in the top of a doubte boiler for up to half an hour. Do not allow the water to boil at this stage or the sauce may separate.
- Note: Use chicken stock for chicken dishes and fish stock for fish dishes. French cooking begins with sauces; perfect this and you are on your way.
The Cookimpssweetp Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!