WILD MUSHROOM MACARONI AND THREE CHEESES WITH TRUFFLE OILFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups sliced crimini mushrooms shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sliced shitake mushrooms shopping list
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat shopping list
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 3 cups whole milk shopping list
- 4 ounces herb chevre crumbled shopping list
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar shredded shopping list
- 4 ounces parmigiano reggiano, separated in piles shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage minced shopping list
- 3 tablespoon white truffle oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs shopping list
- 10 ounces elbow pasta shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place a large pot of water over high heat and cover.
- Place a large sauté pan with 2 tablespoon bacon fat over medium heat.
- Once oil is hot add mushrooms to the pan and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Toss or stir occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper then deglaze the pan with sherry vinegar.
- Allow all of the vinegar to cook out then remove mushrooms from pan and set aside.
- Add 3 tablespoon butter to a medium sauce pan and place on stove over medium heat.
- Once all the butter is melted and hot whisk in 3 tablespoon flour.
- Cook the flour whisking for about 30 seconds then add thyme, rosemary, sage and red pepper flakes.
- Continue stirring and allow the herbs to sauté for 30 seconds longer.
- Slowly pour in the milk while whisking continuously so the roux and milk incorporate smoothly and there are no lumps.
- Allow to come to a simmer stirring occasionally.
- Bring a pot of salted water to boiling then cook pasta.
- Once the sauce has reached a simmer stir in the chevre, cheddar, half of the parmigiano and truffle oil until all cheese has melted.
- Turn off the heat and in small mixing bowl mix together the panko and remaining parmigiano.
- Strain pasta immediately once finished cooking.
- In a mixing bowl toss the pasta, cheese sauce and mushrooms together.
- Pour the macaroni and cheese into a deep glass or ceramic loaf pan and sprinkle the panko parmigiano mixture evenly across the top.
- Bake in the upper part of the oven for 20 minutes.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
DANG!!! This recipe sounds like something I would definitely make.
Check out my mac n' cheese recipe too, let me know what ya think :-)luisascatering in San Carlos loved it
Beautiful recipe!hollymayb in Baltimore loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!