Savory Italian Zucchini BreadFrom markeverett 3 years ago
- 3 c. flour shopping list
- ½ c. grated Parmesan shopping list
- 1 ½ t. italian seasoning shopping list
- 1 t. salt shopping list
- 1/2 t. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 t. baking soda shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 c. buttermilk shopping list
- 1/3 c. sugar shopping list
- 1/3 c. olive oil shopping list
- 1 c. shredded zucchini shopping list
- ¼ c. grated onion shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced shopping list
- 2 T. pepperoni, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 t. coarse sea salt shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt, baking powder, baking soda in a large bowl.
- In a second bowl, beat the eggs, buttermilk, sugar, olive oil.
- Stir wet into dry just until moistened.
- Fold in zucchini, onion, garlic, pepperoni.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Sprinkle top with sea salt.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes. Turn bread out of pan and onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve with a garlic/onion cream cheese, or other spread. (I mixed onion powder and minced green onion into my cream cheese)
- This can be made much lower fat using egg substitute, fat-free 1/2 & 1/2 with a table spoon of vinegar, and reduced fat Parmesan.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookmarkeverett Riverside, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!