Grilled Apple Pie SlicesFrom keni 6 years ago
- 4 large or 6 small green apples, cored and sliced, peeled, if desired(I don't) shopping list
- 2t fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 3T butter, melted shopping list
- 2T brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2t cinnamon shopping list
- 1t vanilla or rum extract shopping list
- 2-3oz hard yellow cheese(cheddar, colby, etc), finely shredded shopping list
- 3T chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- In large glass bowl, whisk together lemon juice, honey, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and extract.
- Add apples and toss to coat. See Photo
- Don't leave longer than about 10 minutes, as apples will begin to break down.
- Grill over medium high heat until tender and lightly browned, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from grill to individual serving plates and sprinkle with cheese and pecans.
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating1 people
Nice idea, and great timing as our apples are early this year. About how thick do you slice them? I have a "wavy" slicer to hold more of the seasonings. Thanks for sharing!!hooksc in Zeeland loved it