Homemade "Hamburger Helper"From UncleJim 3 years ago
- 4-6 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled) shopping list
- 1 lb. ground beef shopping list
- 1 bell pepper (finely chopped) shopping list
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic (minced) shopping list
- 1-1 1/2 Tbsp. Minced onion shopping list
- 1 (10 1/2 oz.) can Low-sodium cream of cheddar soup shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce or ketchup shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups Large elbow mac or large shells, etc. shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Add a little oil to a hot skillet and saute the minced garlic for about 1 minute. Add the ground beef, minced onions, and bell pepper and cook until beef is browned. Drain off excess grease and return to skillet.
- Stir in soup, broth, water, tomato sauce, macaroni, red pepper, and paprika. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and turn heat to low. Simmer for 20-30 minutes until pasta is tender (stirring once and a while). Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving, stirring until sauce reaches preferred thickness. Add crumbled bacon. Enjoy!