Hatch Chile VerdeFrom sharebear1 3 years ago
- 1-1/2 lbs pork spareribs - diced into 1/2 inch peices shopping list
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning (ex. goya) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 shallot minced shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 8-10 tomatillos - husks removed, cleaned shopping list
- 8 hatch chile peppers shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 white onion - quartered shopping list
- 1 bunch cilantro shopping list
- 5 tablespoons oil shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Heat broiler to low. Cover cookie sheet with foil, add hatch chile peppers, onion, garlic, tomatillos to pan. Drizzle 2 tablespoons oil over tray, roll around to coat ingredients on pan. Place in under broiler. Watch pepper and tomatillos for browning, turn them to get all sides brown/black.
- 2.In pot place 3 tablespoons oil, place over medium heat. Coat pork in adobo seasoning, black pepper, salt, add to pan with oil. Add bay leaves and shallot to pan also. Cook until brown on all sides.
- 3.Remove items from broiler when done, about 15-20 minutes. Remove peppers and place them into paper bag to steam them, to help skins remove easily. Add the rest of ingredients to blender. Let peppers set about 15 minutes. Remove peppers from bag and peel skin off. Add them to blender. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- 4.Once pork is brown on all sides remove bay leaves and add 2 cups chicken stock. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add the chile mixture to pot. Also add oregano, cumin, ground cloves, and white pepper. Simmer another 15 minutes. Add chopped cilantro and remove from heat.
- 5.Salt and pepper to taste and serve.
The Cooksharebear1 Coon Rapids, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!