Creamy Butter CheesecakeFrom kennadlovley 4 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 3 cups butter cookie crumbs, like lorna dooone or my fav Walkers shopping list
- 4 ounces (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus additional, for brushing the pan shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 20 ounces cream cheese shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream or plain whole yogart shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons melted and cooled butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3 yolks shopping list
- 1/3 cup heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- mix butter cookie crumbs, butter and sugar together and pat into a spring form pan. bake 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown, cool.
- In a mixer with a paddle attachment, beat sour cream for 10 seconds. Add the cream cheese and sugar and mix on low for 30 seconds and then turn up to medium. Scrape the bowl.
- In a separate container, combine vanilla, eggs, yolks, and heavy cream. With the mixer on medium, slowly pour the liquid mixture in. When half of it is incorporated, stop and scrape. Continue adding the mixture until the rest of the ingredients are incorporated. Once completely combined, pour into the cooled crust.
- Lower oven temperature to 250 degrees F. Place cheesecake in the oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and open the door for one hour. place in the refrigerator for 6 hours to completely cool before serving.