Sliced Lemon Pie Pucker PieFrom notyourmomma 7 years ago
- 1 package 2 crust pie shell shopping list
- 4 eggs beaten shopping list
- 2 1/2 cup of sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup of water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of butter melted shopping list
- dash of salt shopping list
- dash of nutmeg shopping list
- rind of two lemons shopping list
- 3 lemons, rind intact, sliced very thin shopping list
How to make it
- Combine eggs and sugar, beat very well.
- Add butter, water, salt and nutmeg.
- Grate the rind from two lemons and remove all the white bitter pith.
- Slice very thin.
- Thinly slice the other lemons, leaving the the skin intact.
- Add lemon rind and slices to the egg mixture.
- Pour into pastry shell in 9 inch pie pan.
- Cover with the other crust and crimp the edges well.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- turn oven down to 350 degrees and bake 30 minutes more.
- Cool and serve.
- This pie must have whipped cream to tone down all the lemon. It is puckery good. Kind of like a Sour Patch Pie!