Beer Batter, Beer Battered Onion RingsFrom mrcooksalot 3 years ago
- 4 cups canola oil or peanut oil shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes shopping list
- 1/4 cup red bell peppers, roasted shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lime juice shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper, fresh cracked shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons white wine shopping list
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 yellow onions, sweeter the better, Vidalia or Texas sweets shopping list
- 2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic, granulated shopping list
- 12 ounces beer, medium body shopping list
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan shopping list
How to make it
- In a Dutch oven heat oil to 350 degrees F.
- Dip Sauce
- In a food processor combine sour cream, mayonnaise, sun-dried tomatoes, red bell peppers, lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, white wine and minced garlic, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut onions 1/2-inch thick, remove dark exterior of onions, separate into rings and soak in buttermilk for 1 - 6 hours.
- Combine 1 cup of flour, remaining salt, pepper, and garlic, mix thoroughly. In a medium bowl combine beer and 1 cup of flour, mix thoroughly. If you like some kick add some cayanne pepper at this step.
- Remove onion rings from buttermilk, shake off excess, dredge in flour, shake off excess, then dip in beer batter. Drop some onion rings in canola or peanut oil and continue process, being sure not to crowd rings as they will stick together. When golden, remove, salt to taste and let drain on paper towels.
The Cookmrcooksalot Denver, U.S.A.
- Not added to any groups yet!