Broiled Balsamic-marinated Grape Tomato Open-faced SandwichFrom gkwillow 6 years ago
- Italian bread, 2 thick slices shopping list
- grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise (I'd say about 10-12 for two sandwiches - depending on the size of the bread you're using...) shopping list
- 1 Tblsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 Tblsp balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp crumbled dried oregano shopping list
- pinch sugar shopping list
- salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 Tblsp mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 Tblsp parmesan cheese shopping list
- mozzerella cheese, finely shredded shopping list
How to make it
- Marinate the tomatoes in the olive oil/balsamic vinegar/oregano, etc. mixture (at room temperature and stirring frequently).
- While the tomatoes are marinating, preheat the broiler and toast the sliced bread in the preheating oven.
- Combine the mayonnaise and the parmesan cheese. Slather the toasted bread with the mayo/parmesan spread and pile the marinated tomatoes on top.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and broil until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Get your fork & knife ready! Enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookgkwillow City, State
- Not added to any groups yet!