Stuffed Stuffed Chicken Breast With Chipotle Cream SauceFrom witchywoman 6 years ago
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast split open big enough to fit a whole green chile inside shopping list
- 1 whole canned green chile, hot or mild, doesn't matter...whatever you like! shopping list
- 1 piece of pepper jack cheese...I used the string cheese type, it's the perfect size shopping list
- 2 strips of applewood smoked bacon shopping list
- One pinch each: salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder shopping list
- SAUCE: shopping list
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or stock shopping list
- 1 canned green chile, chopped shopping list
- 1 chipotle pepper, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce shopping list
- 1 small shallot, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sour cream shopping list
- salt, pepper and garlic powder, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Split open chicken breast enough to fit a whole chile inside, taking care not cut all the way through.
- Split open the chile pepper and stuff with the cheese. Stuff the chicken breast with the chile pepper. Wrap bacon around the whole thing and tuck the loose ends underneath, or secure with toothpicks...whichever you want to do.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until that sucker's done and the juices run clear.
- In the meantime, make the sauce...
- In a small saucepan, combine broth, green chile, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce and shallot. Bring to a boil and let reduce by about 1/3. Add sour cream and combine. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. Spoon over the top of the cooked chicken breast.
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cookwitchywoman Longview, WA
The Rating1 people
mmmmmmmm..........mmmmmmmmmmm...........mmmmmmmm :) this needs a photo...keni in Sweet Home loved it
This was SO good, witchy! :) The only tiny things I did differently were to drizzle the chicken with lime juice and sprinkle with just a touch of Latin seasoning before baking, then tossing them under the broiler at the end to get the bacon a lil m...morekeni in Sweet Home loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!