Sippable Hot Apple PieFrom keni 6 years ago
- 1/2 gallon apple cider shopping list
- juice from 1 lemon shopping list
- 2-4 cinnamon sticks(use 2 if using cinnamon schnapps, below) shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2t vanilla shopping list
- about 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 3 shots cinnamon schnapps(optional) shopping list
- about 1/2 cup ginger snap crumbs(optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat cider, cinnamon sticks, lemon juice, brown sugar and vanilla in medium, heavy sauce pan, over medium heat until simmer starts.
- Let simmer about 10 minutes, stirring once in a while.
- Add schnapps, if using, and stir well.
- Remove from heat and remove cinnamon sticks.
- Add about 1T of heavy cream to bottom of each serving cup or mug.
- Slowly pour in cider mixture.
- Sprinkle with crushed crumbs, if desired.
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
- Not added to any groups yet!