Pecan Chocolate Dipped CookiesFrom recipediva 6 years ago
- pecan chocolate DIPPED cookies shopping list
- 2 ½ cups sifted flour shopping list
- 1 cup sweet softened butter shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped or ground (I use) nuts shopping list
- • Cream butter well shopping list
- • Add sugar cream again shopping list
- • Add egg and vanilla mix until light and fluffy. shopping list
- • Gradually stir in flour and nuts. shopping list
- • Shape into 2 rolls in plastic wrap or wax paper. shopping list
- • Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight (this can be made few days ahead of time) shopping list
- Before baking take from refrigerator and let sit out least 20 minutes before cutting. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. These should be ¼ inch or less. Do not cut the cookies paper thin. Bake on cookie sheet un-greased or on parchment paper (what I use) shopping list
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool cookies. When cookies are cool then dip them into the following chocolate mixture. You can dip whole half into chocolate. But I usually dip only half top part of cookie. shopping list
How to make it
- Chocolate Dip:
- In double boiler or mini crock pot.
- 6 Ounces of chocolate chips. I use semi sweet.
- 3 Tablespoons of butter
- 1 Tablespoon of hot water. (I DELETE THIS)
- Melt chocolate add rest and mix until smooth with wooden spoon. Sometimes you need to keep adding more butter or even add veggie oil till smooth. Often depends on day outside. Try it with the water first see how this turns out for you.
- Dip cookie and place on foil or wax paper and let cookies dry for few hours.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookrecipediva Philly, PA
The Rating2 people
great posting i make them into balls.once baked& cooled i dip the whole cookie in brown melted chocolate.place them on wax wrap to firm then drizzle with white melted chocolate!!!
mumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it