Lemon, Rosemary, & Thyme Roasted ChickenFrom gabysegalla 5 years ago
- 1 whole chicken (mine was 4.5 lbs) shopping list
- 1 large lemon shopping list
- garlic powder shopping list
- onion powder shopping list
- thyme shopping list
- parsley shopping list
- rosemary shopping list
- crushed red pepper shopping list
- crushed black peppercorns shopping list
- salt shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- butter for basting (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F
- Slice the lemon into several rounds
- Pour enough olive oil to coat the chicken in a small bowl. Add all of the spices (garlic, onion, thyme, parsley, rosemary, etc etc...), according to your own judgement/preference...but don't be scanty! This will cover your chicken. (Another alternative is to just rub each spice into the chicken along with olive oil...but this is easier for me.
- After you have rinsed the chicken, place it in a roasting pan, preferably raised on a grate to keep it from getting soggy (I use a cookie sheet with raised edges and a grate with short legs) .
- Rub your olive oil and spice mix all over the chicken, top and bottom. Pour any extra liquid into the chicken's cavity.
- Lay the chicken breast up.
- Place half of the lemon into the chicken's cavity, and place the rest of the lemon slices around it...tucked under the wings, legs, on top, etc.
- Place the chicken in the oven, and cook it for 10 to 15 minutes on 450 degrees.
- Lower the temperature to 350 degrees F, and cook for an additional 20 minutes for each lb, or until a thermometer reads the correct temperature.
- Take the chicken out of the oven, and cover it. Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes to allow the juices to settle. This is the most important part!
- I made this with my tomato and ricotta bruschetta. :)