A La Vodka With Chicken SausageFrom DetroitTokyo 5 years ago
- 1 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 shallot, diced (I've used half an onion instead with great results) shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes w/liquid shopping list
- 1 cup half & half shopping list
- 1/4 cup vodka (I've used dry vermouth instead with great results) shopping list
- 2 handfuls fresh basil, chopped shopping list
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- 3 chicken sausages (I used specialty with provolone & sun-dried tomatoes) shopping list
- romano cheese, shredded for garnish shopping list
- 1/2 lb pasta, cooked according to directions (I used spaghetti) shopping list
How to make it
- Put 1/2 inch of water in bottom of a skillet. Place sausages in water. Heat over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes, flip and cook for another five minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool, then slice.
- Meanwhile, heat butter & oil in large skillet over medium heat until it begins to bubble. Add shallot, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring. Add tomatoes with liquid and cook until it cooks down, stirring occasionally about 15 minutes. Add vodka and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes. Add half & half and cook until it thickens. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Add sliced sausage, basil, and cooked pasta. Mix well. Serve hot & top with cheese if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!