Oreo TrufflesFrom shanmerrie 3 years ago
- One 16 oz. package Oreo chocolate Sandwich cookies shopping list
- One 8 oz package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, or dark chocolate shopping list
- Optional flavorings: shopping list
- chopped maraschino cherries, melted cherry chips for topping shopping list
- peanut butter, chopped nut topping shopping list
- mint extract, tinted white chocolate topping shopping list
How to make it
- 1) If making flavored truffles, prepare filling/flavoring (chop cherries, chop nuts, etc.).
- 2) Crush entire package of cookies, using either blender, food processor, or emptied cereal bag with a rolling pin. Reserve a small amount of crumbs for topping, if desired.
- 3) Mix cream cheese and crumbs until well blended. If filling or flavoring, do this now. Roll mixture into small balls (about one-inch diameter) and set aside on waxed paper.
- 4) Melt chocolate chips (if using microwave, melt on medium setting in 30 second increments, stirring well in between). Dip or roll cookie balls in melted chocolate, return to waxed paper. Sprinkle with desired topping.
- 5) Place in refrigerator until chocolate is firm. Enjoy!
- Keep truffles refrigerated.