Creamy Onion SoupFrom keni 2 years ago
- 6T butter shopping list
- 1 large red onion, roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 sweet onion, roughly chopped shopping list
- 2 medium or 1 large shallot, chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 8 cups beef stock shopping list
- 8oz colby jack cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1-1 1/2 cups cream shopping list
- 1-3t hot sauce shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onions in butter over medium heat, stirring often, until beginning to soften. Add garlic.
- Add flour and stir well to coat all flour with butter. It will be pasty...that's okay, it's supposed to!
- Add stock and black pepper.
- Increase heat and bring to boil.
- Decrease heat and simmer for about 45 minutes or so, stirring occasionally.
- Add cheese a bit at a time and stir well to melt.
- Add cream and hot sauce cook just until heated through.
- Taste and add more pepper, if needed.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating1 people
This soup was delicious!!!!! It had so much flavor and was probably the best onion soup I've ever had! I made your parmesan puff thingys to go with them. Worked perfectly!!!mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it