Creamy Onion SoupFrom keni 3 years ago
- 6T butter shopping list
- 1 large red onion, roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 sweet onion, roughly chopped shopping list
- 2 medium or 1 large shallot, chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 8 cups beef stock shopping list
- 8oz colby jack cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1-1 1/2 cups cream shopping list
- 1-3t hot sauce shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onions in butter over medium heat, stirring often, until beginning to soften. Add garlic.
- Add flour and stir well to coat all flour with butter. It will be pasty...that's okay, it's supposed to!
- Add stock and black pepper.
- Increase heat and bring to boil.
- Decrease heat and simmer for about 45 minutes or so, stirring occasionally.
- Add cheese a bit at a time and stir well to melt.
- Add cream and hot sauce cook just until heated through.
- Taste and add more pepper, if needed.