Turkey Enchilladas VerdeFrom Mimi0E 6 years ago
- 12 corn tortillas shopping list
- 2 cans green enchilada sauce shopping list
- 2 cups shredded Mexican mix cheese (monterey jack, cheddar) shopping list
- 1 small can (4 oz) diced green chiles (medium or hot) shopping list
- 2 cups of shredded left over turkey shopping list
- 1 cup of shredded Mexican mix cheese or Cotija cheese crumbled (for topping) shopping list
- 1/3 cup oil shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
- green onion (minced) shopping list
- Cherry or grape tomatoes shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, mix turkey, chiles, 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese, and 1 can of green enchilada sauce. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, warm oil under medium-low flame. Place tortilla one at a time and turn them over carefully to soften and set aside on a large plate. Using a spoon to fill each enchilada at the center and carefully fold over the sides and lift and place in a 9 x 13 baking dish with the flaps at the bottom. Repeat until all of the tortillas are filled. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle with shredded cheese or cotija cheese crumbled.
- Bake for 30 minutes in oven at 325 degrees. Serve on plate with sour cream, green onions and cherry or grape tomatoes.
- Serves 4-6.
People Who Like This Dish 19
The CookMimi0E Rancho San Diego, CA
The Rating2 people
This looks awesome. Always looking for new ways to use up that Christmas Turkey. Great post. Congrats on the Homepage Feature!
Just wanted to let you know that I made your Recipe this evening and it was fantastic. Hubby and I both had second helpings. I've not ever cooked with Green Enchilada sauce before and was very happy to discover I could even purchase it in my local gr...more
Made this recipe a ton of times. It's always wonderful. More in IMI11.
Turkey Enchiladas Verde
- Not added to any groups yet!