Veal MarsalaFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 4 veal cutlets (about 3-4 oz. ea shopping list
- salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 TB unsalted butter shopping list
- 3 TB olive oil shopping list
- 2 shallots,chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp chopped garlic shopping list
- 4 oz. fresh mushrooms,sliced shopping list
- 1 c marsala wine shopping list
- 1 c veal or chicken stock shopping list
- 1/4 c fresh chopped parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle veal with salt and pepper. Melt 1 TB of butter and 1 TB of oil in a large,heavy skillet over med-high heat. Add veal and cook till golden brown,about 1 min a side. Transfer to plate
- Add 2 TB of oil to skillet. Add shallot and garlic. Saute till fragrant,about 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and season with salt. Add the Marsala. Simmer until Marsala reduces by half.
- Add stock and parsley. Simmer 1 min. more. Return veal to skillet. Stir in remaining 1 TB butter into sauce. Season sauce with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve with buttered egg noodles or rice.