Coq Au VinFrom bonzaichef 10 years ago
- INGREDIENTS shopping list
- 3 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 60g butter shopping list
- 250g piece smoked bacon lardons shopping list
- 1 tsp thyme leaves shopping list
- 1 whole free-range chicken, cut into 8 serving pieces shopping list
- 2 tbsp seasoned plain flour shopping list
- 8 garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 shallot, quartered shopping list
- 1 red onion, chopped shopping list
- 750ml red wine shopping list
- 3 tbsp plain flour shopping list
- TO SERVE shopping list
- boiled or mashed potates shopping list
- crusty bread shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil and half of the butter in a large saucepan and add the bacon and thyme.
- Roll the chicken pieces in the seasoned flour. Add them to the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, until the chicken is golden.
- Rub the garlic cloves between your hands to break the skin, then add them to the pan
- Add the shallot and onion.
- Pour in the wine and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Simmer for 40 minutes to an hour, until the chicken starts to fall off the bone.
- Carefully remove the chicken, bacon and vegetables with a strainer and transfer them to a serving dish. Return the juices to the heat.
- Knead the flour into the remaining butter and add this to the pan, a little at a time, until fully incorporated. Stir constantly until the mixture thickens. Pour over the chicken and serve with boiled or mashed potatoes and good bread.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookbonzaichef Rochester, Kent., GB
The Rating6 people
This is so good and easy, I have other recipes for Coq Au Vin but none so easy
Thanks for this.vivian in Stoke-on-Trent loved it
I made this today, it was delicious it is defo one for the future. Thanks for this Bonzaichef.vivian in Stoke-on-Trent loved it
great recipenakedchef in Taichung loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!