Cauliflower-potato SoupFrom gkwillow 3 years ago
- 1 tbsp butter shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 onion, diced shopping list
- 1 potato, diced shopping list
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped shopping list
- 3 cups vegetable broth shopping list
- ~~~(I used one can of chicken broth and then enough water to cover the vegetables)~~~ shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- dash nutmeg shopping list
- grated cheese (optional) shopping list
- green onions, chopped (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large soup or stock pot, sautee the onion and garlic in the butter for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onions are soft.
- Add the potato and cauliflower and cook for a few more minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the vegetable broth and bay leaves and bring to a simmer. Cover and allow to cook for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves, then transfer soup to a blender and puree. (I just mash with a potato masher to leave some texture.) Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Top with grated cheese and green onions, if desired.
- Without cheese, this recipe provides approximately:
- Calories: 100, Calories from Fat: 19
- Total Fat: 2.1g, 3%, Saturated Fat: 1.7g, 8%
- Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%
- Sodium: 607mg, 25%
- Total Carbohydrates: 14.7g, 13%
- Dietary Fiber: 3.1g, 12%
- Sugars: 3.6g
- Protein: 6.2g
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookgkwillow City, State
- Not added to any groups yet!