Coq Au ChiantiFrom icecreamuffin 3 years ago
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1/2 bottle chianti shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 3 medium carrots, peeled & diced shopping list
- 3 celery stocks, diced shopping list
- 5 pieces turkey bacon, cut into 1-inch strips shopping list
- 2 tbsp tomato paste shopping list
- 1 cup button mushrooms, stems removed & thickly sliced shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter (room temperature) shopping list
- a few fresh sprigs of thyme shopping list
- salt, freshly ground black pepper, garlic powder shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a dutch oven, add a tablespoon of water and brown the turkey bacon until crispy. Set turkey bacon aside on a paper towel.
- Rub the chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder; quickly brown on all sides in dutch oven (a bit of olive oil may be added), but do not cook all the way through. If chicken seems to stick, deglaze with a splash of chicken stock. Remove chicken to a plate.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Season with a bit of salt & pepper. When veggies begin to soften, add the tomato paste, chicken stock, and chianti; mix well & bring to a simmer. Add the chicken, turkey bacon, and thyme. Cover and bake for about 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle. Remove from oven and keep simmering on low on the stovetop. At this point, remove the chicken so it does not overcook, and let it rest on a cutting board. Cut into small chunks if desired, and add back into dutch oven right before serving.
- In a large saute pan, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and 2 tbsp of the butter. Saute the mushrooms for about 10 minutes, taking care not to crowd the pan. Season with salt and garlic powder. Add the mushrooms to the dutch oven.
- Mix the rest of the butter with the flour and stir into the dutch oven.
- Serve hot over egg noodles, with a glass of chianti.
The Cookicecreamuffin Abilene, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!