Irish Pot-roasted ChickenFrom chuckieb 3 years ago
- 1 roasting chicken shopping list
- 3 medium onions, sliced shopping list
- 6 oz. bacon shopping list
- 2 tbsp. margarine shopping list
- 3 tbsp. chicken stock shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 lbs. potatoes shopping list
- parsley shopping list
- 2 tbsp. flour shopping list
- 4 medium carrots, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Lightly fry the bacon, then chop and put into the Roasting pan. Quickly brown the chicken in the same fat and place it on top of the bacon in the Roasting pan. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and a bit of parsley to garnish. Soften the onion and briefly saute the carrots (again in the bacon fat) and then add to Roasting pan as well.
- Meanwhile, cut the potatoes into thick slices and steam them for about 5 minutes. (Microwaving for a few minutes works well too). Toss them in flour seasoned with salt and pepper and add them to the Roasting pan, adding a bit of chicken stock if needed. Cover and cook for 1 hour or until juices run clear.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookchuckieb Ottawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!