Beer Batter Fried ChickenFrom NCcook22 2 years ago
How to make it
- Rinse the chicken pieces and place in a large skillet. Just about cover the chicken with lightly salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken, dry with paper towels, and discard the water. Fill the skillet with about 1 1/2 inches of oil.
- Combine the Bisquick, onion salt, garlic powder, and pepper in a bowl. In another bowl, combine the beer and egg and then add to the dry ingredients. Mix to combine into a smooth batter. Depending on the amount of cayenne you use, the batter will be slightly orange in color.
- Heat the oil to about 350. Dip the chicken into the batter, shake off the excess, and carefully place into the hot oil. Cook for abut 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown, turning once.
- Remove the cooked chicken, drain on paper towels, and salt to taste. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
The CookNCcook22 Charlotte, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!