Panko-crusted Asparagus SpearsFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1/3 c mayonaisse shopping list
- 2 scallions,trimmed and finely chopped shopping list
- 2 TB white miso(or substitut tahini or soy sauce) shopping list
- 1 tsp chili-garlic sauce shopping list
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil shopping list
- 1 bunch asparagus,trimmed shopping list
- 3/4 c panko shopping list
- 1/4 c sesame seeds shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450. Line baking sheet with foil;coat with cooking spray.
- Combine mayo,scallions,miso or tahini or soy sauce,chili-garlic sauce and oil in small bowl.
- Place asparagus in shallow dish and toss with half of miso mixture (about 1/4c) making sure asparagus is well coated.
- Combine Panko,and sesame seeds in another shallow dish. Working with one spear at a time,roll in panko mixture and place on prepared baking sheet,leaving a bit of room between each spear. Coat prepared spears with spray.
- Roast asparagus until coating is browned and crispy and asparagus tender,20-25 mins. Serve with the remaining miso mixture as a dipping sauce
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating2 people
WOW! Those look amazing. Jim and Benjamin LOVE asparagus. They will go nutso over this recipe. Great post Pat!chuckieb in Ottawa loved it
This was so excellent Pat! Totally loved it. Will add it to my regular spring 'asparagus' rotation. Loved the sesame oil and the Panko crumbs make it so nice and crunchy! "Awesome"!chuckieb in Ottawa loved it
Pat, I want to try these but I don't have chili-garlic sauce - any suggestions for possible substitutes? Thanks.DetroitTokyo in Detroit loved it