River's Coconut CandyFrom keni 2 years ago
- 12 oz white candy melts(I used "vanilla" melts, which tasted great, but had I thought about it, I would have used the actual white ones, because the color would have been more striking :) shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups shredded coconut(I used unsweetened) shopping list
- 1/2 square baking chocolate(I used semi sweet) shopping list
- 1t shortening shopping list
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1t vanilla shopping list
- about 1t maraschino cherry juice(can probably use grenadine, too! :) shopping list
How to make it
- In medium sauce pan, over low heat, melt candy melts and sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Add coconut and stir to combine well. See Photo
- Melt baking chocolate in small glass bowl, with shortening, in microwave.
- Separate coconut mixture into 3 small, microwave safe bowls, equally.
- In one bowl, add vanilla, and mix well. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add chocolate and mix well. Set aside
- In last bowl, add cherry juice, mix well, and set aside. See Photo
- Spray 3 aluminum mini loaf pans with no stick spray.
- Spread chocolate mixture evening between the three pans and spread to edges. See Photo
- Slightly warm vanilla mixture, if needed, in microwave, just until it can be poured/spread.
- Pour over chocolate mixture and spread to the edges. See Photo
- Repeat with cherry mixture. See Photo
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 6 hours or, overnight.
- When completely cooled and set, carefully cut down sides of pans and peel away from the candy rectangle.
- Cut into squares by cutting once, lengthwise, then 3 times, width wise, to give 8 pieces of candy from each pan.
- These are much richer than the store bought variety, so don't make the pieces too big!
- Wrap individually in wax paper, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 16
- Annaleigh Nowhere, Us
- chloi121 Where They Do It The Best, New Jersey
- refugeesrecipelisting Global, CA
- windy1950 Flint, MI
- sharebear1 Coon Rapids, MN
- icecreamuffin Abilene, TX
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- mrcooksalot Denver, U.S.A.
- doreenfish Thessalon, Canada
- foodygirl1979 Pittsburgh, PA
- Plus 6 othersFrom around the world!