Roasted Tomato And Mushroom Pasta SauceFrom christinem 6 years ago
- 2 lbs tomatoes (Roma, cherry, Campari) shopping list
- 10 oz white or cremini mushrooms shopping list
- 1 medium onion, cut in wedges shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic shopping list
- 2 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chopped shopping list
- 4 slices bacon shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 cup cream or half & half shopping list
- parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut tomatoes and mushrooms into halves (if on the large size)
- (You can seed the tomatoes, if desired - I used Campari so it wasn't practical)
- Toss tomatoes, mushrooms, onion and garlic with olive oil; spread on a large baking sheet in a single layer. Season with salt & pepper. Roast in oven for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to food processor, scraping off any baked on bits, and add basil. Pulse several times until nearly smooth. Set aside (this part can be refrigerated until ready to make sauce if desired)
- Cook bacon in skillet. Drain on paper towels and crumble. (You can drain some or all of the drippings if desired)
- Add pureed roasted vegetables to skillet and heat through. Add butter and stir until melted; stir in cream and simmer until thickened (about 5 minutes)
- Serve over your favorite pasta and garnish with fresh grated parmesan.