Garlic Lime Chicken Pasta With BroccoliFrom gkwillow 6 years ago
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1.5 tbls lime juice shopping list
- 1 tbls corn starch (I used more like 1 1/2 but make it thicker or thinner according to your preference) shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp onion powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite size pieces) shopping list
- 1 tbls butter shopping list
- Few drizzles of olive oil (I used all olive oil and no butter) shopping list
- 8 oz pasta shopping list
- 1-2 cups broccoli florets shopping list
- parmesan cheese for topping shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta according to package directions. During the last 5 minutes of pasta cook time add the broccoli into the boiling water. Drain.
- Mix together all the sauce ingredients (chicken broth through thyme) and set aside. (I listed the amounts specified in the original recipe, but I doubled the sauce.)
- Cook chicken in butter and oil until no longer pink. Pour the sauce ingredients into the pan with the chicken and bring to a simmer. Let simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened.
- Toss cooked broccoli and pasta with the chicken and sauce - simmer for
- another 2 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired.
The Cookgkwillow City, State
The Rating2 people
5-stars here. Doubled entire recipe. Also had to add your amt of corn starch to thicken up the sauce. Also added zest of 2 limes.
Mother tested and approved.
See also: morepointsevenout in Athens loved it
It was good, my family liked it but it wouldn't necessarily be something i make regularly. Sauce was too heavy. Not all-over good.LearnSwimCook in Edmonton loved it