White Wine Braised Chicken DrumsticksFrom gkwillow 6 years ago
- 6 chicken drumsticks shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 2 onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups low sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle salt on the chicken drumsticks. In a large skillet, heat butter and oil; add chicken and cook for 10 minutes until browned (turn often). With a pair of tongs, remove the chicken from the skillet and keep warm.
- In the skillet, add onions and garlic. Cook, scraping the bottom of skillet to remove the browned bits, for 5 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and sprinkle with thyme and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add white wine, chicken stock and bay leaf. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and let simmer for 45 minutes or until chicken is tender (baste with cooking liquid from time to time). Put the chicken in a serving dish, cover and keep warm.
- Reduce the cooking liquid, by boiling uncovered, for about 10 minutes
- or until it has the consistancy of a gravy. (If necessary, add constarch slurry.) Remove bay leaf and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Return the chicken pieces to the skillet and coat with gravy. Serve, spoon gravy over chicken or potatoes, rice, orzo, etc.
The Cookgkwillow City, State
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!