S'more OatmealFrom keni 5 years ago
How to make it
- *if desired, toast oats in lightly sprayed skillet over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. This improves flavor, but isn't necessary :)
- Combine milk and water in medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add oats reduce heat and let simmer about 25 minutes without stirring.
- Stir well and add chocolate chips, marshmallows, crackers and a touch more milk, if desired.
- Stir so chocolate and marshmallows melt, at least a lil.
- Sprinkle with a few more chips, marshmallows and crumbs, at serving, if desired
- ****PLEASE NOTE: ALWAYS CHECK YOUR OATS PACKAGING FOR LIQUID:OATS RATIO AND ADJUST, ACCORDINGLY. NOT ALL BRANDS ARE THE SAME :)
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating3 people
Oh wow - I try to stay away from sweet stuff in the morning, but I sure could use a bowl of that today! Sounds like a great treat!christinem in Worcester loved it
We had a late breakfast today and I remembered you had this recipe - pressed for time, I ended up using old fashioned oats cooked in the microwave with milk, then stirred in the goodies! What a treat! I added a little vanilla to the oatmeal. Tasty ...morechristinem in Worcester loved it
Made for "Cooking For Keni" 2017
Fantastic oatmeal for sure, Briauna loved it and gave it ten stars, but I guess I'll have to settle with the maximum of 5 stars that I can rate here :) Added a little more in the IMI II group ---------...moremommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it