Ham Steaks With Apple Mustard SauceFrom keni 2 years ago
- 3lbs thick ham/pork steaks(partially cooked is quicker and fine :) shopping list
- 1T butter shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4-1t red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/4 cup no sugar added apple butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole grain or stone ground mustard shopping list
- 2t dried dill weed(or 1T fresh, minced) shopping list
- about 2T liquid of choice(chicken stock, white wine or half and half) shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in small saucepan.
- Add garlic and pepper flakes and heat, while stirring, about 2 minutes.
- Add remaining sauce ingredients.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Immediately reduce heat and cook just til warmed through.
- Meanwhile, grill ham steaks just until warmed.
- Serve warm sauce with steaks.
- *if you have trouble with your ham steaks "curling" when heated, just make shallow slashes along the meat. You only need a few, and you only need them on one side.
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating1 people
Yay I have a ton of ham steaks in the freezer!!! Will be trying this very soon!!!mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
WOW! Delicious sauce! Mine looks thicker than yours but who knows...still tasted great! The mustard gave a nice kick! I admit I did cook my steaks too much on one side (the side not showing ;) so my steaks were a little dry (not your fault, mine ...moremommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it