Slow Cooker Beef StewFrom murphskitchen 5 years ago
- 4-5 Pound Stew Meat- Preferably Chuck or Bottom Round shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 2 Large leeks, rinsed and chopped shopping list
- 1 Large onion cut into eighths shopping list
- 6-8 cloves garlic finely chopped shopping list
- 1 Pound carrots cut into big chunks shopping list
- 1 Pound red potatoes cut the same size as carrots shopping list
- 1 Bunch celery cut into chunks shopping list
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste shopping list
- 2 Cups beef broth shopping list
- 3/4 Cup dry red wine shopping list
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 Tspn Dried thyme shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons minute tapioca shopping list
- One Bag frozen peas shopping list
- salt, pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- 1. Cut beef into stew sized cubes and brown on all sides then transfer to slow cooker.
- 2 Saute Leeks in a bit of Olive Oil with generous amounts of Kosher Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
- 3. Add the red wine and bring to brisk simmer for 2 minutes to cook of alcohol. Add beef broth, bay leaves, soy sauce and tomato paste and let it all simmer 5 minutes or so the throw it in the slow cooker on top of the browned beef. Add the Minute Tapioca to help the gravy thicken and mix all ingredients together with a wooden spoon.
- 4. In a large mixing bowl, mix the celery, garlic, potatoes, carrots and thyme together with a couple of glugs of olive oil and a generous amount of kosher salt, fresh ground pepper.
- 5. Cover beef with an over sized piece of tin foil with edges turned up. Pour the veggies from the mixing bowl on top of the foil and cover with one more piece of foil. Scrunch it all down, put the lid on top and cook on low 8 hours.
- About thirty minutes before serving, remove lid and pour the veggies and bag of peas into the stew and stir well. Taste for seasoning and let cook for 30 minutes more.
- I like to serve this stew in a big bowl with a good crunchy roll to lop up the gravy. This was a real crowd pleaser.