Justin Thai(m) For Lunch!From keni 5 years ago
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded(I just poached mine with minced onion, garlic and lots of black pepper, in chicken stock) shopping list
- 3T peanut or olive oil shopping list
- about 3 cups broccoli slaw shopping list
- 4 green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 2 pieces crystallized ginger, chopped shopping list
- 1 bell pepper, diced and/or 2 hot peppers, diced or chopped shopping list
- 2T hot Chinese mustard(or sub a milder version, if desired) shopping list
- 1t rice vinegar shopping list
- about 2t lemon grass, chopped or 2t Thai blend seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts shopping list
- cilantro shopping list
- 4 servings basmati or jasmine rice, cooked shopping list
For Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter shopping list
- 1/4-1/2t dried pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce shopping list
- 2T honey shopping list
- juice from 1 lime shopping list
- 1/4 cup orange juice shopping list
- couple T water, if needed, to thin shopping list
How to make it
For Peanut Sauce
- In small sauce pan, heat all peanut sauce ingredients over low heat until melted and heated through See Photo. Do not boil or the sugars from the honey and Hoisin will get ugly :)
- Set aside while preparing veggies.
For Chicken and Veggies
- In wok or other stir fry pan, heat oil.
- Add broccoli slaw, onion, peppers, ginger, lemon grass and onion, and stir fry about 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken, mustard, vinegar and Thai seasoning and stir to combine and heat through. See Photo
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add about 1 cup of peanut sauce and stir just to mix.
- Serve over rice and sprinkle with fresh cilantro and peanuts