Crispy Lemony ShrimpFrom helewes 9 years ago
- 12 jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined, leaving tail shopping list
- 1/4 cup coarse breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup parmigiano-Reggiano, grated shopping list
- juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 teaspoon parsley, chopped fine shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- pre-heat the oven to 350F. Rinse the shrimp and dry them well with paper towels.
- Toss the breadcrumbs with the olive oil and the parmigiano. Toast the mixture on a baking sheet until golden brown and crunchy, about 8 minutes. Set aside to cool for a few minutes. Raise the oven heat to 450 degrees. You will use your baking sheet again.
- In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with the lemon juice, garlic, parsley, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. When the breadcrumbs have cooled off, add them to the same bowl and toss them together with the shrimp.
- Lay the shrimp on the baking sheet or in a large cast iron skillet. They should be coated with the bread-crumb mixture. There may be excess breading. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon over the shrimp and discard the rest. Be sure to spread the shrimps out into one layer so they get evenly crisp.
- Bake the shrimp until they are cooked through but not hard, about 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
The Cookhelewes Newton, NJ
The Rating6 people
Sounds wonderful!trackwidow in Fort Atkinson loved it
Looks great! I'm always looking for a tastey shrimp recipe!! High 5 from me!blondie80 in -Lake Villa loved it
What a great recipe. I'm going to try it.angelica14 in St Petersburg loved it