Garlic Lover's Pull Apart BreadFrom Blkenigma 5 years ago
- * 7-8 cups of bread flour shopping list
- * 3 tbsp sugar shopping list
- * 2 tbsp garlic salt shopping list
- * 2 packages dry yeast (or 4 1/2 tsp) shopping list
- * 1 1/2 cup water shopping list
- * 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- * 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- * 2 tbsp italian seasonings shopping list
- * 6-10 cloves crushes garlic shopping list
- * 2 tbsp garlic powder shopping list
- For the topping: shopping list
- * 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- * 1 tbsp italian seasonings shopping list
- * 1 tbsp garlic shopping list
- * 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Combine 6 cups flour, sugar, garlic salt and dry yeast together. Mix to let loose any lumps.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a medium sauce pan combine water, milk, butter, seasonings, garlic and garlic powder to a boil, but stirring during. Once hot, pour into flour mix. When you touch it it shouldn't stick to your finger. Place in a warm area for an hour to let rise. Split your ball in half, because this recipe makes two loaves.Form an oval and make 2 slices the longer way and 3 the shorter way.Place in a well greased loaf pan and bake for 30 min on 400.
- 3. Once out of the oven, melt your butter and mix in the rest of the ingredients for the topping. With a grilling brush, pastry brush or a spoon (brushes work better though) spread your butter mix on both loaves. I've even added in some Parmesan if you want a little cheesy flavor!
People Who Like This Dish 17
The CookBlkenigma Holloman Air Force Base, NM
The Rating1 people
Made half the recipe just in case something went wrong, and it did.
Took well over 2 hours and wasn't quite doubled for the first rise, so I punched it down and made a focaccia out of it.
A very tasty bread, just need to figure out what hap...morepointsevenout in Athens loved it
Revisited this recipe. Hand kneaded this time and it still had a prolonged rise time. I'm thinking about cutting back the salt amount if I make it again.
See also: morepointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!