Garlic Lover's Pull Apart BreadFrom Blkenigma 5 years ago
- * 7-8 cups of bread flour shopping list
- * 3 tbsp sugar shopping list
- * 2 tbsp garlic salt shopping list
- * 2 packages dry yeast (or 4 1/2 tsp) shopping list
- * 1 1/2 cup water shopping list
- * 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- * 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- * 2 tbsp italian seasonings shopping list
- * 6-10 cloves crushes garlic shopping list
- * 2 tbsp garlic powder shopping list
- For the topping: shopping list
- * 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- * 1 tbsp italian seasonings shopping list
- * 1 tbsp garlic shopping list
- * 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Combine 6 cups flour, sugar, garlic salt and dry yeast together. Mix to let loose any lumps.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a medium sauce pan combine water, milk, butter, seasonings, garlic and garlic powder to a boil, but stirring during. Once hot, pour into flour mix. When you touch it it shouldn't stick to your finger. Place in a warm area for an hour to let rise. Split your ball in half, because this recipe makes two loaves.Form an oval and make 2 slices the longer way and 3 the shorter way.Place in a well greased loaf pan and bake for 30 min on 400.
- 3. Once out of the oven, melt your butter and mix in the rest of the ingredients for the topping. With a grilling brush, pastry brush or a spoon (brushes work better though) spread your butter mix on both loaves. I've even added in some Parmesan if you want a little cheesy flavor!
The CookBlkenigma Holloman Air Force Base, NM
The Rating1 people
Made half the recipe just in case something went wrong, and it did.
Took well over 2 hours and wasn't quite doubled for the first rise, so I punched it down and made a focaccia out of it.
A very tasty bread, just need to figure out what hap...morepointsevenout in Athens loved it
Revisited this recipe. Hand kneaded this time and it still had a prolonged rise time. I'm thinking about cutting back the salt amount if I make it again.
See also: morepointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!