Spinach-dill PieFrom DetroitTokyo 2 years ago
- 10 oz fresh baby spinach, tough stems removed - roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 small-medium onion, diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 cup ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
- 2 eggs + 2 egg whites (large) shopping list
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup dill, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground shopping list
- 8 sheets phyllo dough, thawed shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375F. Heat butter in large skillet over low-medium heat. Add onion & cook until tender & beginning to caramelize. Add garlic and cook for about a minute. Add spinach and cook until wilted & bright green, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a colander to cool & drain.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, eggs & egg whites, parsley, dill, Parmesan, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir in cooled spinach mixture.
- Lightly coat a 9-inch (Pyrex) pie plate with cooking spray. Place one sheet of dough in plate, spray and repeat with remaining 7 sheets spraying between each layer. Trim edges with scissors, leaving a slight overhang. Spoon filling into the dish, spreading evenly. Spray outer edge of dough. Bake until golden brown & filling is set, about one hour. Cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!